- Company T is a major company in the fishery processing industry, including tuna cans, and manufactures so-called F, fish meat sheet product in Japan, and was requested to improve the product yield in the manufacturing process. First, after verifying the manufacturing standards for each process from raw material stirring to final product packaging, we clarified the standards for each process and created a process standard table. After that, we accumulated actual data, identified problems from non-standard data, and examined how to improve non-standard data. Setting standards for the manufacturing process is extremely important and basic for process improvement.
- Since the F manufacturing machine has been used for 15 years, there were many variations in the thickness of the sheet wound around the drum during molding. Therefore, it was found that the thickness of the sheet after drying was unstable and the weight was not constant. It was also found that the thickness at the time of molding cannot be improved by replacing the parts of the molding machine. It was able to be effectively used as data for new purchases of molding machines.
- It was found that the width of the cutting failure in the cutting machine in the final cutting process is not constant because the stop position by the stopper of the belt of the cutting machine shifts every time the teeth of the cutting machine go down. It was also clarified that the cutting cannot be done cleanly with respect to the product characteristics because the cutting is a guillotine type. Therefore, we were able to make a proposal to purchase a machine with a different cutting method.
- The cooling process after the roasting process proceeds to the next process by allowing it to cool for a short time depending on the molding speed. By lengthening the cooling time all day and night, the moisture content was stabilized and the yield was improved. As a factor, there was a variation due to insufficient adjustment time of the moisture in the air and the moisture of the product in the short-time cooling after roasting, but by allowing it to cool all day and night, the moisture in the air is absorbed. This is because the variation is alleviated and the moisture content of each sheet is stable.
- In the manufacture of pineapple pies for M companies, the pie crust is manually cut out during molding. The skin is cut to a larger size one by one according to the die cutting, but since the cut size was large and there was a lot of excess skin after die cutting, it was possible to improve the yield by changing the cut size. It was.
- When the temperature of each process in the pineapple pie manufacturing process standard was confirmed, the temperature increased by about 10 ° C from around 15 ° C to 25 ° C between stirring and molding of the pie dough, cutting, and die cutting. As the temperature of the pie dough rises, stickiness occurs and the dough often sticks to the mold when die-cutting, causing molding defects. Improvements such as using ice when stirring the pie dough have been made, and the temperature of the pie dough can be controlled so that the pie dough can be die-cut at about 20 ° C, reducing molding defects.
Indian surimi product manufacturing company G
They are a company that produces crab sticks, but this is the first time we have introduced a chikuwa manufacturing machine. Since they have no knowledge and experience of chikuwa formulation, I assembled and taught the basic formulation. At the same time, I also provided guidance on the stirring procedure for a silent cutter suitable for chikuwa.
- If the temperature of the raw material after molding is not higher than 15 ° C, it will not wrap around the chikuwa rod, so the temperature of the stirring is adjusted to about 15 to 20 ° C.
- Also, if the temperature of the surface of the chikuwa after sitting is not properly dried, the baking will not be successful, so we instructed to adjust the temperature of the center of the chikuwa after sitting to 70-75 ℃.
3) At the crab stick line, the white meat of the snow crab did not adhere well to the red meat, so we also improved it. I first considered changing the composition of red meat, and then adjusted the degree of film adhesion of red meat on the line to improve it so that red meat can adhere to white meat cleanly.
Malaysian surimi product manufacturing company Q
- Due to poor adhesion of lean meat to the white meat of the snow crab at the crab stick line. After changing the composition of the red meat, I adjusted the degree of film adhesion of the red meat on the line to improve it so that the red meat can adhere to the white meat cleanly.
- FamilyMart sells oden in Malaysia, and we have proposed the ingredients for Japanese-style oden to be used for that oden. I researched the paste products of each convenience store in Japan and proposed prototypes with tastes and shapes that match Malaysia.
Company D, a manufacturer of surimi products in Dalian, China
- Normally, paste products are frozen and distributed overseas. At this company, frozen crab sticks are stored and frozen in a room at around -35 ° C for at least 2 hours. However, because it was carried out in large quantities at the same time as other products, the temperature was unstable and it was slowly frozen, and there was a lot of water separation after thawing. Therefore, we have improved the proposal so that the inside of the freezer can be partitioned and frozen individually. After storing the word for more than a month and observing the change over time, the extreme water separation was stopped and improved.
- In order to sample crab sticks and make the flavor of crab sticks Japanese, we jointly developed with a Japanese flavor company (Company K) and proposed crab stick flavors to improve the quality.
- In the frozen storage state, the phenomenon of aging appears due to the starch contained in the paste product. It is added to modified starch with freezing resistance to reduce aging caused by frozen storage of crab sticks. As a result, the texture was reduced and the elasticity at the beginning of production was maintained.
- In response to the company’s policy of spreading Japanese-style paste products in China, we propose various products with different heating methods such as steaming, roasting, boiling, and fried foods, as well as proposing various products with different heating methods, as well as proposing Japanese trend products. I was able to contribute to product development by introducing it from time to time.
- The stirring procedure in the stirring process was standardized by time and temperature. We actually stirred and measured the data to set the average time and temperature, and also set the standard for the correlation with the product texture after heating. Furthermore, since the outside air temperature changes depending on the season, we provided guidance on setting the stirring procedure according to the season.
Company L, surimi product manufacturing company in Thailand
In 1995, when I was assigned to the company K as a resident and tried to make a formulation, it was found that there was no seafood extract in Thailand. I had no choice but to make a combination with MSG (monosodium glutamate) and nucleic acid amino acids. Twenty-five years have passed since then, and Company K is still selling paste products at Japanese supermarkets in Thailand without using seafood extract. In addition, I could not find any other company that sells paste products. Also, when I went to a Japanese restaurant and tried oden, there was no store that used delicious surimi products. I keenly realized that I wanted to make delicious surimi products and feed them. Therefore, using the seafood extract developed by requesting Japanese company K, Nigiriten and Maruten were completed at company L. The product names are “Hakata Nigiri Ten” and “Hakata Maruten”, and they have been available at two Japanese food wholesalers and a bakery MB store since December.
Malaysian paste product manufacturing company E
We installed a new crab stick manufacturing machine, instructed the basic formulation of crab sticks requested for the start of production of products, conducted lab tests, and taught the basic manufacturing method of paste products. Unfortunately, the original machine installation and line test were conducted in December 2020, but it was not possible to make a business trip due to Corona, so I heard the problem remotely and gave guidance.
Company P, a paste product manufacturing company in Thailand
- We instructed the basic formulation with the launch of the new crab stick line at the new factory.
- We provided specific guidance on acceptance inspection for accepting surimi as the main ingredient. We selected and introduced surimi characteristic measuring equipment such as rheometers, moisture meters, and color difference meters for measuring elasticity. We also used them to create a manual for formulating acceptance criteria for surimi.
- We provided guidance on how to rub a silent cutter to produce fried foods for Japan, and made a final confirmation of the quality of the final product.
- We provided guidance on how to create standard setting procedures for all processes and the check sheets that accompany them.